Monday, November 28, 2011

Slipping a bit

Dieting is a tricky thing, let me tell you. It's easy to count calories, but it's harder to keep track of sodium, sugar, carbs, proteins, etc, all at the same time and make sure you stay within daily limits. (I don't think I even know what my daily limits for those things are until I exceed them. Must learn how to keep an eye on these things.)

I must admit, I've been sloppy lately. I will sometimes track half of what I've eaten for the day, and not every item of food. I've also had a couple times where I eat what I really shouldn't. Not really an actual binge, but bad enough, such as an excessive amount of potato chips in one day.

Today I loaded up on a big breakfast, trying to make sure that I could make it through my work shift on 4 hours of sleep. I don't run well on little sleep, so I made sure to look up foods that would give me energy. I had coffee, orange juice, oatmeal, and an orange. I even planned on having yogurt, but I was actually full by then. It's weird for me to be full and go without food for a while... it makes me a little nervous, which is part of the problem.

I still need to make a proper exercise regiment. I have yet to do more with my elliptical machine than fiddle around with it here and there. I heard that the recommended amount of exercise is 30 minutes 5 days a week. That'd definitely be a step up from my current amount of exercise.

Right now I'm hovering at 258 pounds. If I tighten up my eating and compulsive snacking, and get moving a little more, I know I can keep losing weight. Just reminding/allowing myself to snack on apples and oranges should be a big help. I need to remember that when it comes to fruit, it's okay to indulge. It's better to have two apples than one apple and a bag of chips, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment