Thursday, November 17, 2011

Good Day! + Elliptical

Today I managed to keep within my 1,432 calorie goal.  Unfortunately my success was because I worked a shift that went through lunch, so I missed out on that.  Since I don't like missing meals, nor do I plan to make a habit of it, I will have to take a moment to write down a bunch of low-calorie but fulfilling snack ideas and meal ideas so that I can have my meals and eat them, too.  I even treated myself to some ice cream tonight because I was so well under my goal.

Dinners are the hardest things to manage right now.  I live with two other people, so dinner is a choice that everyone has to decide on. Rarely is it ever an individual selection, but tonight it was.  I baked some chicken, and then I was delighted to discover that a 1/2 cup of canned sliced carrots was only 30 calories, so I was able to eat them all to have a filling meal.

I've been searching for a small and affordable elliptical machine.  After a lot of online shopping and reading reviews, I decided on the surprisingly small Stamina InMotion E1000 Elliptical.  At about $90 it's a very low price for a new elliptical machine. Other full size machines were being priced for hundreds to thousands of dollars.  Better yet, this little guy is a lot lighter (though it's still a hefty 24 lbs), smaller, and yet stronger.  Even though it seems petite, the weight limit is said to be 250 lbs, whereas other full machines can be a lot less than that.  You can also use the machine while sitting down, which could be a plus, and it still comes with a digital screen for data like how many calories you've burned in a work out.



This machine should come in within a week for me, so I'm very pleased.  I plan on coupling this with some light weights eventually.  More details to be figured out when it arrives and I get to work with it.

Overall, a very pleasing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment