Saturday, November 12, 2011

Let's Begin

My name is Danielle, and I am obese.  At least, according to BMI charts, where I fall into the dreaded 30+ range.

The trouble is, I don't feel obese.  Half the time, I can even feel good about myself.  Since 2009, I've been steadily gaining this surplus of weight.  Back then, I felt fat but little did I realize I was at a healthy weight.  Now I wish I could be that weight again.  I'm going to do my damndest to make it happen, starting with this blog to keep myself accountable for that goal. 

At 263 lbs, I am 100 lbs above where I used to be, and where I should be.  Chairs are starting to become too small for me.  It's crying shame when I try to shop for clothes.  I see pictures of myself and can't help but cringe.  Most of all, I'm worried about the chest pains that are starting to frequent me, and the troubling symptoms of diabetes.

I begin this journey with no expectation for a miracle pill or other gimmick.  It will mean trying to give up delicious, delicious fattening foods, and also trying to get my fat ass up and moving a bit more often.  This is the honest look at where I need to begin.  I hope that within months I can see change, and within a year perhaps I'll even reach a much better weight. And I hope that if I do manage to succeed, I will not forget to maintain that weight, and not take it for granted again.

No comments:

Post a Comment